Activated Charcoal….a.k.a activated carbon, is carbon that has been treated with oxygen, allowing it to absorb a wide range of impurities and contaminants. It is a potent natural treatment that traps unwanted chemicals and toxins.
Activated charcoal is proven to adsorb thousands of times its own mass in harmful substances, which makes it a popular and beneficial ingredient in facial masks.
Many of the foods and products we use today are made up of chemicals that have a negative impact on our bodies and skin. Activated Charcoal, typically taken as an internal supplement, has also been found to have many positive benefits for the skin. So what are those benefits and why should you consider an Activated Charcoal Facial Mask?
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal For the Skin
- Unclogs Pores- Activated Charcoal can help to remove impurities that tend to clog pores. Overtime excess oil and dead skin can become trapped under the skin, causing pores to become enlarged.The surface of activated charcoal has a negative charge that attracts and binds with positively-charged toxicants, removing toxins and loosening up the debris that contributes to clogged pores.
- Antibacterial Properties- Activated charcoal has both antibacterial and antifungal properties making it a great addition to a skin care regimen.
- Gentle Exfoliant- Activated Charcoal has a naturally gritty texture that make it a great natural and gentle exfoliant. Exfoliation is essential for removing buildup on the surface of our skin, which can clog facial pores, further exacerbate blemishes, and result in an uneven, dull appearance. Activated Charcoal helps to remove sebum and dead skin cells from the face, while its antimicrobial properties help prevent skin infections.
- Balances Oily Skin- Activated Charcoal pulls out excess oil. If you tend to have oily skin, using activated charcoal as part of your skin care routine will help remove excess oil that leads to clogged pores, blemishes and greasy looking skin.
- Detoxifies Skin- By binding to toxins and contaminants, activated charcoal detoxifies the skin, leaving it bright, taut, and unclogged.
OUR ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FACIAL MUD SCRUB “DETOX”
Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic, Non-GMO, & Natural.
Activated charcoal helps draw out toxins while a combination of organic cosmetic clays and organic apricot kernel meal act as an exfoliant. The combination of clays also help to draw out and balance skin oil production. Both activated charcoal and clays aid in reducing bacteria counts which decreases blemishes, while a combination of organic sea kelp, irish moss, and dulce powders provide a powerhouse of minerals and vitamins to the skin to help balance skin blemishes and moisturize on a cellular level.
Our blend of skin loving oils, including organic jojoba and meadow foam seed oils, help to deeply moisturize while organic castor oil cleanses debris like dirt and traces of makeup easily.
Essential Oils of Sage, Tea Tree, and Rosemary help to reduce skin inflammation and blemishes as well.
Directions: Apply a quarter size amount of this mud scrub to wet skin and apply in circular motions to exfoliate until all of face, or desired area, is covered. Leave on skin for 10-20 minutes and rinse off. Pat skin dry and enjoy your baby smooth and more youthful complexion.
Shop Our Activated Charcoal Facial Scrub.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
Founder & Owner